Friday, October 25, 2013

Love & Valor: The Intimate Civil War Letters



Love & Valor: The Intimate Civil War Letters
For those of us interested in the Civil War, whenever such private letters and/or diaries are made accessible to we all benefit from the added information and personal perspective that they contain. I have not yet read the book, and after watching this video it is something that I intend to do. The video can only provide snippets of the entire correspondence, and since it consists of day-to-day matters, in this medium it may seem a little dry to some. One incidental thing about this video: about halfway through I clued into the soft background music. For some reason it had piqued my interest and seemed familiar - but could figure out what it was for about 30 seconds... when I realized that it was "Deutschland über alles" (now the German national anthem). I guess being in a Civil War context it wouldn't register in my mind, but I knew what it was, I thought it a nice touch. Many, many Germans left central Europe in the war of the 1848/49 revolution, many were "liberal" and...

Civil war
This was very good! I Highly Recommend watching this DVD! This was a very well made DVD and would purchase it again as a gift!

Fascinating
I enjoyed the family history given. The interviews and the trips to the places where incidents happened. Anyone who collects Civil War movies must see this. There is information here on little known conflicts as well.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment