Friday, October 18, 2013

Live Finale



I was shocked and disapointed they didnt show the kids their final creations!
I love the series. This review is for the Monster Twist Episode only. I was shocked and disapointed they didnt show the kids their final creations at the end of the show to get their reactions that would have been priceless whos idea was it to not show that??!! My favorite was Roy's Monster even tho it was very monsterous especially the mouths it was never scary and always fun. Btw I used to do prosthetic makeup just like in the show before I became disabled and worked on Van Helsing in the very studio they use for the show which is between the frys and the burbank airport and has a real cemetery behind it, which btw is NOT the same building they show in the overhead helicopter shots at all.

A rare example of a great reality competition show
I'm not a fan of reality TV, especially the competition-based ones. They always seem to devolve into petty bickering and manufactured behind the scenes drama. Face Off, however, has managed to bypass all of that nonsense. This show is about TV, film, and theatrical make-up. The people who apply it, design it, and critique it. Some of the talent on display over the past three seasons has blown me away, and while the competitive spirit is certainly what drives these creative people, the show goes out of its way at times to demonstrate instances where they come to the aid of a designer in distress. That's what makes this show a must-watch for me.

Love the Creativity
If your not into television competition suspense (i.e. "And the eliminated player is..." *Commercial Break*) then I would skip this, but if you are like me and just ignore all the suspensful hooplah the show is quite good. I love to see the wonderful ideas and special effects make-ups that are created by these contestants. I am not an expert in the special effects field so even the "worst" designs on the show are often still impressive to me. The contestants are usually able to create these amazing things in such a short time that it is awesome to see. As the judges critique the contestants' work, you also get a glimpse at some of the things that are important in special effects make-up, that I found to be interesting and educational. If I ever decide to pursue a career in special effects make-up I will make sure my edges are clean ;)

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment