Saturday, October 19, 2013

Massage with Confidence



Of all the massage videos I own, this one I can't do without
Over the years I've collected numerous massage videos. I've been disappointed that most are either sensual in nature, or don't show enough advanced techniques. With Massage with Confidence, I found a gold mine.

The massage sequence shown was amazing. It was a wonderful combination of gentle, soothing strokes and deeper techniques. Robert (the guy on the video) even used his elbows for deep pressure. I was impressed also by the clear instruction that he gave with each technique.

This video gave me some basic anatomy and physiology to understand what I was going to massage, but even more important, it showed me the "caution" areas so I don't hurt anyone.

If you buy just one video, make it this one.

good but not great
I am a professionally licensed massage therapist with 6 years experience.

I based my buying decision on reviews and the DVD description and jacket photo, which give the impression that advanced massage techniques are demonstrated. This video presents very basic Swedish massage, nothing more. The contents listed on the DVD cover claim to teach myofascial release, trigger point therapy, sports massage and deep tissue techniques. Sorry to say, NONE of these is included in the massage session in the video. I'm not sure how the therapist, Robert Haase, expects to perform deep tissue therapy or myofascial release when the first thing he does is slather his client with gobs of massage oil. He does not slow down, much less pause, long enough in his massage to even remotely perform trigger point therapy, deep tissue release or MFR. The video demonstrates a good, basic Swedish massage routine but nothing advanced or unique. If you are a therapist with any experience at all there's...

Great variety of techniques... Best I've seen!
I am so impressed with your video, Massage with Confidence. To finally find a video that teaches so many wonderful techniques is refreshing. Although I've been a massage therapist for several years, this video showed me great techniques that I was never taught in school. Thank you for such a well-done production with so many useful tools. I am recommending this video to all of my clients as well as other massage therapists. Great job, Mr. Haase!

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment