Thursday, October 17, 2013

Run, Broken Yet Brave



Courageous and long overdue
Run, Broken Yet Brave takes a courageous and long overdue look at a topic that has for too long been unspoken or misunderstood. Fetal Alcohol Syndrome has such a heavy impact on so many lives, and yet is dealt with in a shameful, hidden manner. Tom Simes and his cast of amateur (but awesome) actors bring humanity, humour, and heart to this subject. This film made me weep, made me laugh, made me stand up and cheer. As a parent, I showed it to my children. As an educator, I will show it to my students. As a concerned citizen, I hope it is widely circulated and discussed. This film does not have the "answers". But it is a wonderful jumping off point for discussion, concern and action. Thank you Tom, Chris, Joseph, Ariel, Julie et al. What a wonderful testimony to redemption, renewal and hope.Run, Broken Yet Brave





Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment