Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Thumbs-Free Massage



Watch this video and save your thumbs
Overuse of thumbs is a major problem for many massage therapists. I once had to stop practicing for a few months while both of my thumbs healed. This video shows you how to avoid this injury and still be as effective with your treatments. Kay is a very good instructor. She is clear in her explanations and demonstrates each and every technique so that you can add it to your routine easily. I agree with the other review that it is better to watch the video in sections. I watched it clear through the first time and it was a bit overwhelming. No surprise that learning an entire body massage in one setting could be too much. Like all good training, learn a little and add it into your practice. Once you're comfortable with it, watch some more and add it to your routine. After a while, you'll have added several new techniques that most of your clients will have never experienced. And your thumbs will be in great shape.

Excellent Info!
I recieved this information from Kay Rynerson on November 28th. I watched this with my Massage Therapy Students in class:
Students really liked the DVD. I liked how its broke into sections, for example Back, Legs, arms etc. There are many strokes and techniques on this DVD that I have never seen before. I have been a practicing Massage Therapist for at least 8 years now and I will definitley integrate some of these strokes into my practice.
My suggestion: for students or anyone watching this DVD watch section at a time. It begins to get too overwhelming watching all 90 minutes. So today watch Back info, tomorrow next body section. This worked out great in the classroom.
All of my fellow instructors enjoyed watching it as well.
So for all of that, Thank you Kay for making such a great DVD. We are very delighted in having this DVD in our resource center here on Campus. Thank you again.



Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment