Saturday, October 19, 2013

Derek Roddy's Playing with Your Drums



Excellent Insight!
great dvd at an awesome price with lots of details about all aspects of setting up and creating the best functional, ergonimically correct + visually enhanced setup. Some things I hadn't considered were brought up and discussed, Derek is the man! The multi-angle cam vids of the Serpents Rise 2 tracks are worth the price of the dvd alone!

Playing with Drums
I purchased this as a gift for my husband who is a drummer. He said it was okay but it one of those things that was good to watch but something you only need to see once.

Fellow drummer to be...Don't waste your money
I am a novice drummer and always wonder if there were some general guidelines about setting up the drum kit properly regarding height and pedal position. I've known for a long time that a lot of it has to do mostly with personal preferences and and a lot with our own body height, weight and limbs length.
In any event, I saw this video advertised in a drum magazine (I think) and checked the teaser on line. I did not like the teaser but I went ahead and ordered the DVD hoping there was more to it. My big mistake.
I am not normally a complainer and I realized that there are a whole lot of struggling musicians out there trying to make ends meet but this DVD is just a joke (maybe that was the point of it and I missed it ...who knows).
The contents of this video is mainly two things. One: Derek playing a handful of complete heavy metal songs (glad mankind invented the fast forward button) and ...Two: A bunch of guys talking shop and personal preferences regarding things like...

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment