Sunday, October 20, 2013

Raising Hope - Season 2



The Best Family Sitcom on Television Period!
It's a wonder that "Raising Hope" doesn't get the accolades like their peers. In my opinion, Greg Garcia who also produced and developed "My Name Is Earl" does a better job in bringing this dysfunctional family to life with an awesome cast like Martha Plimpton as Grandma Virginia; her husband Burt Chance; their son, Jim Chance; and of course, Granddaughter Hope.

I can't forget Cloris Leachman who deserves her 10th Emmy for her performance as the senile Great Grandma Barbara June better known as Ma-Ma to the audience. The actress who plays Jim's love interest, Sabrina, is also wonderful as is the rest of the cast of colorful, oddball characters.

Second season is better than first season and after watching the season finale, you're in for a roller coaster of laughs over the second season. The Chances aren't wealthy or highly educated but that's okay. They're lovable, politically incorrect at times, and just more real to the audience.

Look, I think the...

5-Star Show gets 2-Star DVD Treatment
I know they just "burn" the show onto DVDs for you now when you order it, but couldn't they at least have sprung for a subtitle option? No subtitles or CC available makes this worse than saving it on your DVR where you can at least CC. Even if you stream them you can usually turn on the subtitles so why not find a way to include them? Add to that poor picture quality and a shrunken DVD case insert and this is a cheapo DVD output given a price that's higher than I paid for the subtitled, special-featured put-out-by-the-studio Season 1 set I bought. Two stars just because I'm happy to at least have the season on DVD...

Raising Hope, Season 2
My son loves this show. He has season 1 and I got him season 2 for Christmas. My son is hard of hearing and there is NO closed caption available on these disc. Season 1 did have it. It would be helpful if that information is mentioned in the DVD description and information you show.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment