Thursday, October 17, 2013

Yes Live At Queens Park Rangers Stadium: Gates Of Q.P.R. Vol. 2



Just Like You Were There
What an incredible experience this DVD is for a 1970's Yes fan. You can feel the anticipation in the air among the English crowd stirring around in the final hour of daylight as our heroes get ready to take the stage....

Sure there is a sound problem at the concert's start. But speaking as someone who's been to, heck, 120(?) concerts, that's just part of the unexpectedness of what goes on. You just make the most of it. It happens. I really go to a concert to WATCH the rock being delivered. If the sound is 75% there, I'm fine with that. If I want to listen to a pristine performance of any band....I'll put on the studio CD and some headphones. Y'all should do the same. :0)

Is it just me or is this video quality really great? I don't know what technology they were using there in 1975, but it looks as if it were being broadcast live. Particularly the daylight sections. Extremely clear. McCartney's 1976 tour with all his money and top-notch equipment...

Yes at their peak
This is the review for Yes Live At QPR 1975 Part 2 DVD, release dated 2009 and 2010 (depending on what part of Amazon you are on) with the dragon rider on the cover. I have waited years to buy this and I am glad I did. I love the picture quality, some shots look brand new and the sound is very good. This is from 1975 remember and the sound gets better as the concert continues.
This shows what a draw Yes was selling out big stadiums. This is a part of history and as cool as the stage looks the next tour they did had even bigger stage effects.
I want that one too.
I purchased this from Amazon and not a secondary source so if something was wrong I could return it. No problems. This is a bare bones release with no extras commentary etc but I am glad to have it and any true Yes fan needs to get this.
If Amazon decides to sell part 1 for the same price I will get it.

I love it
I know Yes have been arounds for a long time. I love the band. The band is awesome. It is different than other music I listen to. Jon Anderson have an awesome vocal. I will buy more music from Yes

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment